Please fill in all information accurately. If you prefer to have the form mailed to you, please go to our Contact Page and send us a request including your full address.
Purpose and Requirements
Our mission is to provide recreational equipment and opportunities for troops injured in a combat situation. We understand the difficulties that come with assimilation back into family and community life. Often there is a lack of opportunity or vision to go forward into productivity. We extend that helping hand enabling you to regain self-confidence and physical strength. Achieving your individual optimal health and engaging in activities and hobbies you love increases the chances of a productive life. To apply for a grant the following criteria is required.
- Individuals must have sustained a combat related injury
- Grants must be used for recreational equipment or activities, tools and/or services that promote mental and physical health (see examples below)
- Individuals will be contacted by a Thanks Troops representative once request has been reviewed.
- No business related expenses.
- There will be no cash transactions. All grants will be managed between recipient and Thanks Troops Foundation.
- If specific equipment is requested, Thanks Troops reserves the right to provide comparable or similar equipment.
- All grant recipients will be required to do annual updates for two years after funds have been received.
- Applicants MUST live in the state of Colorado.
- When sending DD214, Service Record or VA Disability Letter – please black out any social security information.
The Board of Directors for Thanks Troops Foundation reserve the right to refuse grant requests that are not within the guidelines listed above. All grant requests must be accompanied by a DD214 or Service Record and VA Disability Letter.